Class 10th English Syllabus UP Board Session 2022 – 2023
UP Board X English Syllabus 2022-2023 & New and Latest Class 10 UP Board Exam ncert english new Pattern 2023 -gyansindhuclasses.com.
Class 10th English Syllabus 2023 (UPMSP) UP Board Syllabus – English Class – X UP Board Syllabus 2023 Syllabus All Subject wise Session 2022-23- UPMSP Class 10th, Syllabus 2023
Class – X Syllabus – English (Max Marks – 100)
Exam Paper Pattern –
|M.M.||MCQ M.M.||Descriptive M.M.||Internal (Practical)|
There will be one question paper of 70 marks.
Internal Assessment will be for 30 marks.
English Pattern 2023
Section A – Reading- 10 Marks
- One long passage followed by short-answer questions and very short-answer type vocabulary based/language based questions.
Section B – Writing- 10 Marks
- Letter/Application writing.
- Descriptive paragraph/report/article based on given verbal clues
Section C – Grammar- 15 Marks
- Some questions (MCQs/very short-answer type questions) based on parts of speech, tenses, narrations, articles, voice, reordering of sentences, punctuation etc.
- A very short passage in hindi for translation into english (5 lines).
Section D – Literature- 35 Marks
Based on upmsp – up board new exam pattern pattern.
Prescribed books and Lessons
First Flight – Text Book Prose
1. A Letter to God – G.L. Fuentes
2. Nelson Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom – Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela
3. Two Story about Flying
i. His First Flight – Liam O’Flaherty
ii. Black Aeroplane- Frederick Forsyth
4. From the Diary of Anne Frank- Anne Frank
5. The Hundred Dresses-I – El Bsor Ester
6. The Hundred Dresses-II – El Bsor Ester
7. Glimpses of India
i. A Baker from Goa- Lucio Rodrigues
ii. Coorg – Lokesh Abrol
iii. Tea from Assam – Arup Kumar Datta
8. Mijbil The Otter – Gavin Maxwell
9. Madam Rides the Bus- Vallikkannan
10. The Sermon at Benares
11. The Proposal- Anton Chekov
1. Dust of Snow – Robert Frost
2. Fire and Ice – Robert Frost
3. A Tiger in the Zoo – Leslie Norris
4. Amanda! – Robin Klein
5. Animals- Walt Whitman
6. The Trees- Adrienne Rich
7. Fog – Carl Sandburg
8. How to Tell Wild Animals- Carolyn Wells
9. The Ball Poem – John Berryman
10. The Tale of Custard the Dragon – Ogden Nash
11. For Anne Gregory – William Butler Yeats
Footprints Without Feet-Supplementary Reader
1. A Triumph of Surgery- James Herriot
2. The Thief’s Story -Ruskin Bond
3. The Midnight Visitor -Robert Arthur
4. A Question of Trust- Victor Canning
5. Footprints Without Feet -H.G. Wells
6. The Making of a Scientist -Robert W. Peterson
7. The Necklace- Guy De Maupassant
8. The Hack Driver – Sinclair Lew
9. Bholi- K.A. Abbas
10. The Book That Saved the Earth – Claire Boiko
Note – There is no book prescribed for Grammar. Students can select any book recommended by their subject teacher.